Efficiently Move Items to Multiple Levels with Vertical Conveyors
Does your operation struggle with efficiently moving cartons, totes or heavy pallets between levels or around obstacles? A vertical conveyor is an effective, safe solution that also preserves your valuable floor space.
RMH Systems has been an been an industry leader in material handling automation for more than 80 years. We’re trusted by local and Fortune 50 companies across the nation for industrial automation systems that improve efficiency, safety and throughput.
As a single-source conveyor system integrator, you won’t need to coordinate with multiple vendors when you work with our team of experts. We handle every step of the process from design to implementation and aftermarket service for one seamless experience.
No matter the size or complexity of your needs, RMH can design a custom solution that meets them. Contact our engineers today to find out how we can help you improve your workflow.
What Is a Vertical Conveyor?
Vertical conveyors are a solution for transporting cartons, totes and pallets to different levels or over obstacles like machinery or a production line. They’re especially useful in situations where you have limited space or when items must be conveyed through multiple levels at once.
There are two main types of vertical conveyor systems:
- Vertical reciprocating conveyor—Also known as a VRC conveyor, this economical material handling system is similar to an elevator. It typically moves larger, heavier loads to and from mezzanines, basements and between building levels using a drive system, platform, guide rail and landing gate, which prevents products from falling when they arrive at their destination. VRC conveyors are safer and more efficient than using fork trucks.
- Continuous vertical conveyor—Also called a continuous vertical lift conveyor, this type of material handling system perpetually moves cartons or totes from one level to another in an up-and-down motion. It has a looped track and platform, with the platform being pulled up and down the track by belts, chains or cables, which can be slowed or stopped when necessary. Continuous vertical conveyors are more efficient than carrying items up and down staircases and are a smart solution when you don’t have the floor space for an incline belt conveyor.
Industries Where Vertical Conveyors Are Used
Configurations for Vertical Conveyors
Our vertical conveyor systems are engineered to meet your needs. Ask our engineers for more information.
Capabilities of Vertical Conveyors
- Capable of conveying lightweight cartons and totes, as well as heavy pallets
- Ideal for low-volume operations
- Compatible with a wide range of material handling equipment:
- Vision systems
- Printers and product labeling
- Packaging, including case forming and sealing, strapping and banding equipment and stretch wrapping
- Industrial robots
Experts in System Integration
RMH Systems creates solutions that make it even easier for you to automate and grow.
FANUC America Authorized
Our team includes robotics, software, mechanical and electrical engineers. Let us be your FANUC America Authorized Systems Integrators.
As a turnkey supplier, we provide all the hardware, software and integration engineering you need. We’re here when you need us for local service and software support.
We’re conveniently located in the Midwest and work with companies across the country. Our repeat customers include Fortune 50 manufacturing, food, distribution and pharma companies.
From system design to robotic controls, end-of-arm tooling and human machine interface programming, our experienced team handles your project in-house. This includes implementation, training and aftermarket service.
As a leading distributor, we have access to many product lines in each of our areas. We can design a custom solution that fits your needs and provide simulations to show functionality and system flow.
We’re just the right size to take on large projects without the bureaucracy.
LET’S TALK ABOUT CONVEYORS
We’ve completed projects of varying sizes across the country. No job is too big or too small for us. Ready to learn more about maximizing your ROI? Speak with one of our engineers today! We’ll help you design a solution that solves problems and meets your goals.